Friday, June 21, 2013

Bulgaria and Turkey

My husband and I recently spent two weeks traveling around Bulgaria and Turkey. I wanted to share some of our adventures with you! 

The next few images were taken at a botanical garden in Bulgaria



I made this doll for our good friends daughter and she loved her! We named her Dolly. 

This is Nick and I with our friends on a mountain overlooking Sofia, Bulgaria


Me with sheep! I made them pull over the car for this picture. I started to run towards the flock and Nick stopped me seeing that I was on private property in a foreign country, that was probably not my best idea. 

I found yarn!! I was looking everywhere and finally found some Bulgarian wool yarn. It was hand spun and still has the lanolin on it! I am going to make something for me with it! 

I also found this amazing hand made wool hat! Cant wait for the winter! 



Feel Free! 


Traditional Bulgarian Dancers 


Honeycomb at the Spice Bazaar in Istanbul


Spice Bazaar


Cats of Istanbul. 

I don't know what the story is about this guy but he was in Istanbul and he was awesome! 

Me at the Mosque

Whirling dervish


Blue Mosque

It was an amazing trip and I will remember it for the rest of my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment