Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Busy as a Bee

The bees are busy as ever and I feel as though I am too!! Our bees are amazing and have been making great progress. 


This is me planting strawberries for the bees. I didn't take the deer into consideration before doing so and now they have eaten all the leaves :(  Hopefully deer don't like the taste of strawberries themselves but i doubt that. 



 I am falling more and more in love with our beehive. I find them so amazing. Our queen is a great queen, as soon as we got her in the hive she made herself at home and started laying eggs. We should have some new bees soon! It takes the workers (females) 21 days to hatch and a drone (male) around 23 days. I got a little taste of their honey and its amazing! We may cultivate a little in the fall but we want the bees to keep most of it for their first winter. 

These are just a few pictures of Nick and I in our hive! 


Just thought I should throw in a picture of my craziness too! Oh apartment living! 

No comments:

Post a Comment