Monday, May 26, 2014

My journey to becoming a master spinner

At the end of this month I will begin my journey to becoming a master spinner and I would like to take all of you with me! The course is 6 years, but because I'm a crazy woman I've decided to take levels one and two this year.  I am hoping to complete the course in 5 years. The Master Spinners Course is offered through Olds College in Alberta, Canada. My husband and I will be driving from NJ to Alberta, Canada! While I'm taking my week-long course he will be out in the Canadian wilderness camping.  I am taking level 2 on Long Island in July with my old spinning guild in Smithtown. I am so excited about this journey. I will be trying to do a weekly update with everything I studied that week. This will help me catalog my progress and hopefully everyone will also be able to learn a little through my adventure. I never thought I would want to go back to school but I guess you never know where your journey will take you so 
enjoy the ride! 


Program Description

The Master Spinner Program consists of six progressive levels of classroom and independent study involving skill development, research studies and project assignments in the area of hand spinning of all major types of fibers, yarns and the end use of the spun yarns.  At all levels, students are evaluated on the basis of written assignments, practical projects, oral presentations and skill development.

No comments:

Post a Comment