Friday, June 12, 2015

Master Spinner Level One

I have completed my Master Spinner Level One course and it has been a journey! Going into the program I was not sure what to expect. I have learned so much and it was a ton of work but worth every minute of it. I took level one and level two this past year with level 3 coming up in July.  I feel now more then ever I have a deeper appreciation for wool and fibered animals. I have a whole new understanding for wool and how to spin it based on the breed characteristics. More surprising then anything is that I have gained confidents not only in my spinning but my writing as well. Over the next few months I will take you on some of my journey through images and my written experiences of the process. I highly recommend this program to anyone who is serious about wanting to expand their knowledge on hand spinning, weather you are a beginner or have been spinning for 20 years. Now to start working on level two!!! Here is more information about the course and I hope you stick around to follow me on my journey of becoming a master spinner! 




Olds Program Description: 
The Master Spinner Program consists of six progressive levels of classroom and independent study involving skill development, research studies and project assignments in the area of hand spinning of all major types of fibers, yarns and the end use of the spun yarns.  At all levels, students are evaluated on the basis of written assignments, practical projects, oral presentations and skill development.



2 comments:

  1. love that you are going to share your experience here!!! I don't comment often but love reading about your fiber journey!! (not sure if your remember but we met at NJ sheep and wool last year!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Alisa,

      Yes, I do remember meeting you! Thank you so much for reading my blog and I hope that you enjoy it!

      Best,
      Lexi

      Delete