Tuesday, August 18, 2015

New chapter

I have always love to share the things I love and I'm passionate about with others. 

While in high school I was very lost. Like many students, I didn't know what I wanted to do and felt major pressure from society to have my life figured out. Now in my late 20s I still struggle with the same question. I feel now more then ever I should have my life figured out by now. That was the plan, right? Am I on the right track? What am I meant to do in this world? There has to be a reason I was put on this earth, what it is? The questions never seems to settle. 

To bring you back to my high school times, I found fashion. When I did it seemed my whole world changed. I was getting better grades at school, I was able to express myself through design and I found myself and what I was truly passionate about. 

My path has taken me on all different roads but one thing has stayed true; I love to create and express myself through the art of fashion. 

So after relentless questioning and self doubt an opportunity of a life time landed on my door step and I had to jump in head first. I'm excited to announce that my path is now leading me to The High School of Fashion Industries of NYC where I will be about to share my love and passion with the next generation. I am going to be a high school Fashion Teacher! I was not looking for it but at the same time I was. I hope that I am able to inspire and be inspired. I hope I am able to teach and learn. Most of all I hope I can make a difference in someone's life like I had in high school.  

We never know where our life journey will take us and some times we may question everything but if you keep faith, you will end up just where you need to be.


9 comments: